1) What Information Heimdall Data May Collect From You
Heimdall Data collects certain categories of information: “Personal Information” is information that could be used to identify you individually or that could be used to contact or locate you, including but not limited to, your name, email address
company information. “Anonymous Information” is information about you that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information generally cannot be used to identify you absent accompanying Personal Information. Heimdall Data may collect Personal Information and/or Anonymous Information in the following ways:
a) Information you voluntarily provide to us:
We may collect Personal Information through forms that you complete on our Website, by subscribing to our services (such as newsletters or white papers), using discussion forums on our Website, attending training sessions, following us on social media, by attending our events or by corresponding with us by phone, email, social media or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to information you provide when you purchase products from us, contact Heimdall Data support, participate in forums or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and/or when you report a problem with our Website.
b) Information from our Website (collected automatically):
Each time you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect the following Personal Information and/or Anonymous Information:
- Technical information including, but not limited to, browser type, operating system, device information, IP address, domain name, referral URL, time zone setting, and/or a time-stamp for your visit.
- Usage information including, but not limited to, geographic location information (such as your country or state), the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site, page views, unique page views, video views, form conversions, and your clickstream behavior (e.g. clicking links to, through and from our Website).
Heimdall Data and its third-party suppliers may use various technologies such as cookies, web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs), and e-tags to collect Personal Information and/or Anonymous Information, to analyze trends, and to provide you with a more personalized customer experience.
c) Information collected from other sources:
Heimdall Data works closely with third parties (for example, business partners, resellers, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search engine providers) and may receive Personal Information about you from them to enable us to establish accounts, fulfill orders and customize your experience on our Website with personalized content.
2) How Heimdall Data Uses Your Information
We may use the information held about you to:
- Respond to your requests and questions for certain products and services
- Customize the content and advertising you see on our Website
- Communicate with you about specials, sales offers, and new products
- Administer and provide our Website, products and related services
- Send notifications regarding changes to our company, products or services, and changes to our terms and conditions
- Carry out any contractual obligations between you and us
3) Heimdall Data Products
You acknowledge that some of our products may collect data that includes, but is not limited to, one or more of the following where applicable: network performance and network data (such as number of bytes, number of packets, IP addresses, server name, and ports), process and system metrics (such as CPU, memory usage, disk i/o, applications and/or operating systems on which such products are used), performance data about applications that are instrumented (such as classes, methods, parameters, URLs, SQL statements, and IP addresses), user and administrative account information (such as name, email address, and phone number), and/or any transactions related to any of the foregoing (all such data collectively, “Data”). Not all products collect Data; additional information about the Data that can be collected by a product is set forth in the applicable documentation for such product. You acknowledge that Data may contain Personal Information, and that some Personal Information may be required to provide administrative access and control of certain products to you. Some products may permit you to specify what types of Data will be collected as described in the applicable documentation for such product. You are solely responsible for the Data that you choose to collect and monitor; you acknowledge that some product functionality and features might not function if you do not enable collection of certain Data by the product. As between Heimdall Data and you, you retain all ownership rights in and to Data.
Heimdall Data may use, reproduce, and/or transmit the Data for your benefit as needed to provide you with products and related services. Data we collect is primarily used to display product and performance information back to the product user. Heimdall Data also uses Data for development, diagnostic and/or corrective purposes, including providing you with technical support regarding your use of our products.
4) Where Heimdall Data Stores Your Information
The information we collect from you (including Data) may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination other than the country in which the information was collected (including but not limited to servers and data centers located in the United States). By using our Website and products or providing any Data and/or Personal Information to us, where applicable law permits, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information outside of the country where such information was originally collected at another destination in which Heimdall Data does business (and where data protection standards may be different). Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that Heimdall Data is not obligated to retain any Data.
5) Disclosure of Your Information
Heimdall Data does not rent or sell your Personal Information or Data to anyone. We share your Personal Information and Data only with your consent, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Contractors and Agents: We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Heimdall Data’s contractors and agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or Data we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information and Data.
- Suppliers: Certain Heimdall Data products incorporate software provided by third-party suppliers. In some cases Heimdall Data may be required to report on sales of such products incorporating such software to those third-party suppliers, and this reporting may include your Personal Information solely to the extent needed to document such sales. Heimdall Data requires its third-party suppliers to treat any such information as confidential.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets or become involved in a merger, acquisition or similar transaction. In these types of transactions, customer information (that may include Personal Information and Data) is typically one of the assets that is transferred. Heimdall Data and the acquiring entity will retain the confidentiality of such information.
- Protection of Heimdall Data and Others: We may disclose or share Personal Information, Data and other information, if we believe in good faith that such disclosure or sharing is legally required, or is necessary to protect our legal rights (including, but not limited to, our intellectual property rights and enforcement of our agreements), the legal rights of others, or the safety and/or security of Heimdall Data, our employees, our customers, or other users.
The security of your Personal Information and Data is important to us. We use certain security measures, including, but not limited to, administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect your Personal Data and Data from unauthorized access, use, modification, or disclosure. Those safeguards may include measures for preventing access, use, modification or disclosure of Personal Information and Data by Heimdall Data personnel except as required by such Heimdall Data personnel (a) to provide products and services to you, (b) to provide support, product development and related services, including to prevent or address service or technical problems and make improvements, (c) as compelled by applicable law or as required to protect Heimdall Data’s legal rights, or (d) as you expressly permit or instruct in writing. Any Heimdall Data personnel that requires access to Personal Information or Data will be bound by a confidentiality agreement.
Please do not disclose your Website login credentials to unauthorized people. You are responsible for the security of your login credentials and for any activity that occurs under your account with us. Please be aware that no security measures can wholly eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information and Data; keep this in mind when disclosing any sensitive information to us. If Heimdall Data learns of a breach of its systems, we may notify you and others in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and/or as agreed by us in writing.
7) Public Forums
Heimdall Data offers individuals the opportunity to interact and publish content via discussion forums, blogs, and other means on our Website (“Online Communication Tools”). If you use such Online Communication Tools, any information that you disclose becomes publicly available, and could be used to contact you, to send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither Heimdall Data nor you have control over. Your use of certain Online Communication Tools may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Heimdall Data is not responsible for the Personal Information or any other information you choose to submit or publish via these Online Communication Tools.
We may use information held about you to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want to use your information in this way, or to pass along your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe from such emails using the link provided in the emails, tell your Heimdall Data contact, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9) Links to Third-Party Websites
10) Children’s Privacy
Heimdall Data does not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of thirteen (13) or the applicable age of consent in your country. If you believe that Heimdall Data may have collected Personal Information from someone under the applicable age of consent, please email email@example.com.
11) California Privacy Rights
12) Contact Heimdall Data