Automated Database Failover
1. Up to 60% of companies have delayed security patches in order to reduce downtime, which exposed them to regulatory and compliance issues.
2. Some customers have implemented a manual failover scheme requiring an application restart. Upon a database outage, application downtime could last from 20 minutes to 3 hours, resulting in a loss of potential revenue for the Enterprise.
Heimdall Data’s automated database failover solution avoids the above scenarios and provides the application resiliency necessary for maximum uptime. The key benefits of the Heimdall approach are the following:
1. Application-aware: Most solutions today (e.g. F5 Networks, AWS Elastic Load balancer) are at the TCP/DNS layer, resulting in connection timeouts and reconnects. Heimdall Data provides always-on database connectivity.
2. No application or database code changes: Scaling out the database tier always requires rewriting the application; not anymore with Heimdall Data.
3. SQL-aware read/write split for complex routing to different geographies or data sources.